Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Oil prices, health care

Mark Perry tells us that oil prices are going to stay low for quite some time. I'll admit that he also called oil prices going down about as low as they did, and I didn't think it'd be quite as extreme (if I recall correctly, the actual was somewhere very close to the average of our estimates), and I'll also admit that I don't consider myself an expert in the oil industry, but I don't see the cycle he mentions as everlasting. Eventually, I think oil will be priced out of or nearly out of the market. Since by all estimates there's a limited amount of oil in the world, and it's non-renewable, alternatives must eventually dominate.

Reinhardt gives a health care reform option, without being quite socialized. It seems to me that there are a number of feasible options, but the trick is finding any that are politically popular. I suppose it's all in bipartisanship and PR.

No comments: